The Electrical Consultants’ Association ( ELCA ) was founded and registered in 1990 at Bangalore by a group of dedicated consulting professionals actively involved in the field of electrical consultancy.
ELCA was formed with the following main objectives :
- To create an awareness amongst the electricity consumers towards a better and safer quality of electrical installation.
- To provide a platform for interaction between the manufacturers and the end users by way of arranging technical seminars, workshops, exhibitions etc.
- To take up such technical aspects with the statutory authorities as are relevant for a proper and safe installation, considering the present trends in the design of the systems and development of electrical products.
- To promote professional approaches to electrical consultancy and highlight the benefits to clients arising from competent consultants.
- To keep abreast with the latest developments in technology, new products and processes.
ELCA is a body having several experienced and recognised consulting professionals as its members. Many of its members have been associated with prestigious electrical projects in the public and private sectors.
As a part of the above objectives, ELCA organised & conducted the following events:
- A workshop, in 1994, in Bangalore, on MCB Distribution Boards and their installation practice, in memory of Late Sri C. A. K. Murthy of SANELAC Consultants (P) Ltd.
- An interaction meet, in 1994, in Bangalore, with the members of the Indian Institute of Architects - Karnataka Chapter - to highlight the technical features of electrical installations.
- ‘ELEX 95’, in the year 1995, an Exhibition of Electrical Industrial Products, at Holiday Inn, Bangalore.
- In 1996, a one - day seminar on ‘Captive Power Generation’ at The Taj West End, Bangalore.
- A one - day Seminar on ‘Fire Safety and Protection’, on 27th August 1999, at Le Meridien, Bangalore.
- ELEX-2000, an Exhibition Cum Seminar on Electrical Industrial Products, from 14th to 17th April 2000, at Le Meridien, Bangalore.
- An ‘Electrical Safety Programme’, with exhibition and seminars, in technical association with the Department of Electrical Inspectorate, from 13th to 19th September 2001, at Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium, Bangalore.
- A one - day Seminar on ‘Electrical Energy Conservation’, on 9th August 2002, at The Atria Hotel, Bangalore.
- A one - day Seminar on ‘Art & Science of Illumination’, on 21st September 2002, at The Atria Hotel, Bangalore.